Programs and Services
KFL&A Public Health offers confidential and non-judgemental sexual health services through our sexual health clinic located at 221 Portsmouth Avenue. All testing at our clinic is done non-nominally (the clinic will know your name but any test ordered will be coded) to protect your privacy.
- Drop-in clinics Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. No appointment is required.
- Sexually transmitted infections (STI) including HIV counselling, and testing
- Treatment of some common STIs.
- Pregnancy testing and low cost emergency contraception (Plan B) for all women.
- Birth control for women under age 19 years, and for women who do not have access to a health care practitioner (e.g., family physician, student health services)
- PAP testing for all women over the age of 21 who do not have a family practitioner.
This confidential phone line provides information about contraception, sexually transmitted infections and HIV, and access to sexual health services.
KFL&A Public Health offers Teen Clinics at Ernestown Secondary School and Sydenham High School. Services include confidential counselling for sexually transmitted infections and birth control. Check with the school's Guidance Department or adolescent care worker for clinic times and locations. Youth in the KFL&A area also have access to sexual health services and consultation through the Sexual Health Clinic at KFL&A Public Health.