Programs and Services
KFL&A Public Health provides free influenza vaccine—the flu shot—to residents at community clinics across the KFL&A area.
General Immunization Information Line
KFL&A Public Health staff can answer your questions about immunization, specific vaccine information, immunization records and schedules, adverse reactions to immunization, and more. Childhood immunizations can also be reported to this line to keep your child’s record up-to-date. Callers should leave the child’s name, date of birth, health card number, the vaccines given, the date given, and a phone number. Doctors do not automatically send this information to KFL&A Public Health.
KFL&A Public Health provides FREE Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine to grade 8 girls through an in-school immunization program in the Limestone District School Board and the Algonquin and Lakeshore Catholic District School Board. Only girls in grade 8 are eligible for the free vaccines. The HPV vaccine is available at cost to 9-26 year old girls and women through KFL&A Public Health’s Immunization Clinics. The series of three costs $450 or $150 per dose.
Immunization clinics are provided at KFL&A Public Health’s main office at 221 Portsmouth Avenue in Kingston. Appointments are necessary for the Wednesday evening clinic.
As of January 1, 2013, KFL&A Public Health no longer provides TB skin testing clinics.
Tuesday and Thursday Walk In clinics are closed from June 30 until July 28, they will re-open Tuesday July 29 and continue for the month of August. Wednesday evening booked appointments will be cancelled from June 30 until September 1, they will re-open Wednesday September 3. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Starting in September 2014
||Hours of Operation
||9:00 to 11:30 a.m.
- Routine adult, school, and childhood immunization
- Day Nursery immunization and record review
||1:30 to 7:00 p.m.
- Routine childhood and school immunization
Day Nursery immunization and record review
By appointment only, click here
Immunization clinics are also held throughout the year at KFL&A Public Health’s branch offices in Cloyne, Napanee, and Sharbot Lake by appointment. To book an appointment
Please check the events calendar for dates and locations.
Need your immunization records?
Every time that you or your child receives an immunization, your health care provider should give you a record of that immunization. Keep that information in a safe place. In Ontario, yellow immunization cards are used and your health care provider can write the immunizations in this card for you. Keep the card with you as your personal record.
If you need to obtain a record of your immunizations, here are some steps you can take to obtain your record:
Other places to look:
- If you attended school in the Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington (KFL&A) area, KFL&A Public Health may have your record. If you are over 18 years old, you need to request the information yourself; it cannot be released to a parent.
- Call us at 613-549-1232, ext. 1451. Clearly state the name and date of birth of the person whose record you are requesting (state the name they were registered in school as). The record can be faxed or mailed.
- Fax us at 613-549-0985. If 18 years of age or older, the person needs to sign the fax to allow us to release the record. Provide the return fax number or address for mailing.
- Come in person to our Immunization Clinics. The record will only be released to a person over 18 if they are present. Parents/guardians may pick up records for children under 18 years of age.
Call the health care provider's office where you received immunizations to obtain a record.
Call the Public Health Unit
in your previous area of residence.
If you are from another province or country you will need to contact the authorities in that area. It is the parent’s and student’s responsibility to request records from other offices. Please note because of privacy legislation KFL&A Public Health cannot release information unless requested by an individual if they are over 18 years of age or the legal guardian of a minor.