Programs and Services
KFL&A Public Health offers confidential and non-judgemental sexual health services through our sexual health clinic located at 221 Portsmouth Avenue.
- Drop-in clinics Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Teen Clinic by appointment only, every second Monday from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m. throughout the school year from September through June.
- Other appointments may be available. You must call ahead to schedule your appointment.
- Free and confidential sexually transmitted infections (STI) counselling, testing, and treatment.
- Pregnancy testing and low cost emergency contraception (Plan B) for all women.
- Contraception at reduced cost for women under age 19 years, and for some women* aged 19 through 24 years.
- PAP testing for all women under the age of 19, and for women 19 years and older who do not have a regular health care provider (e.g. a family doctor or student health services).
*Women aged 19 years or over should call ahead to determine if they are eligible for contraception and PAP tests.
This confidential phone line provides information about contraception, sexually transmitted infections, and access to sexual health services.
KFL&A Public Health offers Teen Clinics at L.C.V.I., Ernestown Secondary School , La Salle Secondary School, and StreetSmart Schools. Services include confidential counselling for sexually transmitted infections and birth control. Check with each school’s Guidance Department or adolescent care worker for clinic times and locations. Youth in the KFL&A area also have access to sexual health services and consultation through the Sexual Health Clinic at KFL&A Public Health.